At Giles Junior School, we aim to support our children in developing their Geographical skills and knowledge through exciting Geography lessons. All lessons embed previous learning to deepen understanding. We aim to support our children in developing a passion for Geography by inspiring pupils’ curiosity about the world around them. We intend to equip children with geographical skills to develop their knowledge through studying places, people and natural and human environments.
Through learning in Geography lessons children will have:
- An excellent knowledge of where a number of places are and what they are like;
- An extensive base of geographical knowledge and vocabulary;
- Fluency in complex, geographical enquiry and the ability to apply questioning skills, as well as effective presentation techniques;
- The ability to reach clear conclusions and explain their findings;
- Excellent fieldwork skills as well as other geographical aptitudes and techniques;
- The ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in very good knowledge and understanding about current issues in society and the environment;
- A genuine interest in the subject and a real sense of curiosity about the world and the people who live here.