Giles Junior School has a reputation for producing excellent lunches. Most of our children have a school dinner and we do encourage our pupils to take the opportunity to have a hot meal at midday. There is a choice of meals each day and the menus run on a three-week rota.
- Menu (958KB)
School dinners may be paid for weekly, in advance, daily or if preferred, may be paid by cheque termly or half termly. Cheques should be made payable to Hertfordshire Catering LTD.
School meals are currently £2.60 per day.
Free School Meals
If you are a parent or carer and you receive one of the following benefits, your child may be entitled to free school meals, but you need to apply for them.
- income support
- income-based job seekers allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under immigration and asylum law
- the guarantee part of state pension credit
- child tax credit and you have an annual income of £16,190 before tax or less
- working tax credit during the 4 week run on period
Apply online now or call 0300 123 4048
Children are allowed to bring a healthy snack to school to be eaten during morning break. Parents should be aware that this is a privilege and as such can be withdrawn at any time.